Information you provide to us.
Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, postal code, and phone number.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, and other information you include in your account profile.
- Communications that we exchange when you communicate with us, such as when you request support, contact us with questions or feedback or complete our surveys.
- Content, such comments, text, images, audio, video or other content you post to or provide through the Service.
- Payment and transactional data, such as the information needed to complete your orders on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, billing and shipping information), information about your payment transactions, and your order history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, events, and publications; details about how you engage with our communications; and information you provide when you participate in an event, contest or promotion.
Other sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as public social media platforms.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatic collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Sites and other online services, including:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.Precise geolocation data, such as when you authorize our mobile application to access your location.
- Security data, such security camera footage recorded at our offices or facilities.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of our automatic data collection on the Site is facilitated by:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of tracking user activity and patterns, helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.
- Flash cookies, or locally-stored objects, which are used for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Software development kits, or SDKs, which are used to incorporate third party computer code into our App that allows the third party service providers or advertising partners to collect data directly from it for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of the App, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
Information about others. You share personal information about others with us, such as when you send them a gift through the Service or refer friends or other contacts to us. When you share the personal information of others with us, you are responsible for ensuring you have their permission to do so.
Information we obtain from social media platforms. Information you provide when you interact with us on social media. If you choose to log in to the Service through a social network or other third party platform, or otherwise connect your account on a third party platform to your account through the Service, we may collect information about you from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, email address and other contact information, and your affiliations. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information through the third party platform, such as a list of your friends or connections. Read more about third party platforms in the Your Choices section below.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- facilitate your authentication to the Service by logging into a third party platform, such as Facebook or Google;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- facilitate social features of the Service, such as by identifying and suggesting connections with other users of the Service and providing chat or messaging functionality;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide support and maintenance for the Service; and
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
Direct marketing. We may send you Jennies Kicthen Gourmet Inc-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Unrelated companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as customer support, hosting, payment processing, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties may use your personal information only as authorized under our contracts with them.
Partners. Third party partners who offer products and services that may be of interest to you. We may sometimes share your personal information with partners or enable partners to collect information directly via our Service, including when you have indicated your interest in certain products or services.
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our and other services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads on their platforms to our customers and similar users (“Custom Audience Campaigns”).
Third party platforms. Social media platforms or other third party platforms that you connect to the Service and where you authorize us to share your information with them (such as when you use options to access the Service by logging into the third party platform).
Other users. Other users of the Service or the public when you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or other content. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to such users or the public. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, when we believe in good faith it is necessary or appropriate for the compliance and operations purposes described above
Business transferees. Relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Jennies Kitchen Gourmet Inc or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
Access or update your information. Updating Account Information. You may update or edit your account information by accessing your account page at www.jkgourmetnyc.com, accessing the account settings on your app, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Disclosure of your information for third party marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Advertising choices. You may opt-out of receiving targeted online advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance in the AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you choose to opt out of targeted online advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you. Not all companies participate in these opt-out programs, so even after opting out through them, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based from other companies.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. If you do not provide information that we need to provide the Service, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or certain features. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service when we request it.
Third party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or another third party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites or other online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Our sites and online services are not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Important information for California residents
This section describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, including in the context of in-person meetings, at our events and other offline sales and marketing activities. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Error! Filename not specified.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information sold to each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-out of sales. If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out.
- You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of refusal to provide the Services or legally prohibited changes to the price or quality of the Services.
How to exercise your rights You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
For information about:
- The categories of sources of this information, see the section above entitled personal information we collect
- The business/commercial purposes for which we collect this information, see the section above entitled how we use your personal information;
- The categories of third parties to which we disclose this information for business purposes, see the section above entitled how we share your personal information.